Now into its 7th edition, this online course involves about 36 hours of individual work. Learners can follow the course at their own rhythm by accessing at any moment the online training platform. Online tutors will support participants during the training.
The course covers the intermediate level of English. It offers different types of activities that participants should take part in, including:
- reading texts, audio files and videos on a wide range of trade union-related topics;
- quizzes which test participants' understanding of key vocabulary and grammar;
- forums where participants can share opinions and experiences with other learners;
- speaking and writing assignments to which participants receive personal feedback from the course tutors.
There will be also the possibility to attend online live conversations with the course tutors, who will facilitate discussion and interaction within small groups of participants.
More information about the course are presented in the video here
The following aims have been set:
- use specific vocabulary of trade unions;
- access to a trade union glossary;
- develop communication skills on reviewing grammar skills;
- exchange information and views in English about current key issues with other trade unionists;
- express oneself in writing on current trade union issues in Europe;
- put into practice acquired linguistic competences through assignments.
Participants: A maximum of 200 participants can be accepted. The final confirmation of the participants will be done by the ETUI, bearing in mind the requirements for the target group, and the 'first come, first served' rule. The target group are trade unionists from ETUC-affiliated organisations with an intermediate level of English. Before filling in the enrolment form, interested participants are warmly recommended to take 15 minutes to assess their level online here.
Registrations: individual expressions of interests can be done through national contact persons (see the list here).