The Farm to Fork strategy at the heart of the European Green Deal has the ambition to create an EU food system that provides healthy food to consumers, guarantees a decent living for EU farmers and fishers, and, last but not least, is respectful of the environment.
This ambitious multi-year policy raises the hope to see Europe accelerate its transition to a sustainable food system from an economic, environmental, and social perspective.
- To introduce the participant to the Farm to Fork Strategy and the notion of a sustainable food system
- To debate the socio-economic impacts of the Farm to Fork Strategy
- To develop ideas supporting workers in the governance of the Farm to Fork Strategy
- Formulate a shared trade union vision and understanding of a sustainable food system
- Identify possible socio-economic impacts (direct and indirect) of the Farm to Fork Strategy on workers across the food chain
- Shaping, influencing and monitoring the policy of the Farm to Fork Strategy
TU officers and representatives in the agricultural, food and drink and hospitality sector