This is the 10th English edition of the online course 'EWCs: the rules of the game'. It will involve about 12 hours of work (or about 2 hours per week) that learners can follow at their own rhythm by accessing at any moment the online training platform.
In addition to the asynchronous training activities, there will be a webinar with an EWC expert towards the end of the course.
Online tutors will support participants during the training.
About 20,000 worker representatives travel around Europe to meet at least once a year and discuss topics which are of interest for the workforce of their companies across borders. New EWCs are being established every year and new members are being elected and appointed continuously. This means there is a great need for training on some of the basic aspects.
- enable newly elected or appointed EWC or SNB members to get acquainted with the legal aspects and practice of European worker representation;
- ensure a smooth integration of new representatives in a group with more experienced colleagues;
- provide an overview of the legal rules governing the EWC activities and the trade union guidelines on how to use these in practice;
- encourage reflection on the usefulness of an EWC and the importance of worker representation at European level;
- consider how negotiations can lead to a positive result and how an EWC can be more efficient;
- stimulate communication between worker representatives of different multinational groups and sectors.
A maximum of 100 participants can be accepted. The final confirmation of the participants will be done by the ETUI, bearing in mind the requirements for the target group, and the 'first come, first served' rule. The target group are worker representatives who are considering the establishment of a European Works Council in their company, newly elected members of a Special Negotiating Body or an existing EWC and union officials supporting their members in multinational companies. This course is not intended as a joint training course for a whole EWC, SE-Works Council or SNB. For whole EWC, SE-Works Council and SNB bodies, we recommend our tailor-made, face-to-face company seminars. More information about these seminars can be found on www.ewctraining.eu
Registrations: individual expressions of interests can be done through national contact persons (see the list here).