In the ETUI Work Programme 2020-2021, the Education Department announced adopting a green competence framework approach to guide trade union training on climate change and sustainable development. Following this decision, the Education Department of the ETUI organized two webinars entitled "The Practice of Green Competences" and "Pedagogical approaches for Green Competences.»
Based on these initiatives, the Education Department of the ETUI, in cooperation with CISL (Italy), ZSSS (Slovenia), UGT (Spain), and KOZ-SR (Slovakia), has decided to propose a capacity building training on green competences related to just transition.
- To build a network of trade union trainers able to use the ETUI's green competences framework approach.
- To build a critical mass of trade unionists on the ETUI’s green competences framework approach in the context of just transition.
- Gaining pedagogical knowledge about the ETUI’s green competence framework approach (5 green meta-competences).
- Designing and developing learning scenarios (case-based learning) around the 5 green meta-competences using active learning methodologies approaches. These scenarios should be adapted to face-to-face and online (webinar) delivery.
- Animating a training course using the learning scenarios developed during this capacity building training.
- Trade union trainer familiar with learning design and active methodologies.
- Minimum 1-year training experience at national or sectoral level.
- English speaker.
- Experienced with or interested in climate change, environmental sustainability or just transition.
- Willing to become a European ambassador on green competences.
How to register:
Participants will be selected by CISL (Italy), ZSSS (Slovenia), UGT (Spain), and KOZ-SR (Slovakia) within their respective organisations.
The training will be delivered in a blended format, both online via Moodle and face-to-face.