The course covers the intermediate level of English. It includes different types of activities that participants should take part in, including:
- reading texts, audio files and videos on a wide range of trade union related topics;
- quizzes which test participant’s understanding of key vocabulary and grammar;
- forums where participants can share opinions and experiences with other learners;
- speaking and writing assignments to which participants receive personal feedback from the course tutors.
There will also be the possibility to attend online live conversations with the course tutors facilitating discussion and interaction within small groups of participants.
Check the course presentation in the video here
The following aims have been set:
- use specific vocabulary of trade unions;
- access to a trade union glossary;
- develop communication skills on reviewing grammar skills;
- exchange information and views in English about current key issues with other trade unionists;
- express oneself in writing on current trade union issues in Europe;
- put into practice acquired linguistic competences through assignments.
Participants: A maximum of 200 participants can be accepted. ETUI will do the final confirmation of the participants, bearing in mind the requirements for the target group and the “first come, first served” rule. The target group are trade unionists from ETUC-affiliated Organizations with an intermediate level of English. Before filling out the enrolment form, interested participants are warmly recommended to take 15 minutes and assess online here their level.
Registrations: individual expressions of interest can be submitted via national contact persons (see the list here).
Should you need any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact the education officer or administrative assistant running the course (see the information panel to the right for their names, which will lead you to a contact form).